Monday, June 09, 2008

Mr Dippity

Years ago when we first got here, in the few moments Wendy and I had between jobs , we put together a one minute short. She boarded and laid it out with some minor input from me , I cut the reel together , came up with the color models and bg styling . Wendy animated half of it in her off hours waiting for me to get to design and animate the male character but I got so busy I never got back to it . It's a nonsense film with no deep message or hidden meaning beyond the mystery of man confused by woman. I found the reel again and thought it was just as charming as it was when we first did it so I really should finish it so here I go. It won't be in the "new hip " style but it will be fun. I just finished some CG animation for it and I'm doing his character layouts. The it will be like a week or 2 animating . The ruff design I finally finished.

7 comments:

Matt said...

Super skinny tie, super wide lapels and a super bewildered look. Raaaad!

TotalD said...

Lol ! It's a total 60's thing kind of jazzie sort of. God, what is it about that era ?

Greg Manwaring said...

I don't know since I was born in the 80's!

TotalD said...

ME TOO ! Ahem .. near the 80's , before slightly.

Matt said...

If you're old enough to remember The Fresh Prince of Bel Air then you're cool with me!

Hobo Divine said...

I was lucky enough to see the pencil test of Mr. Dippity!
It's sooooooooooo good.
I can't wait to see it completed

Allen said...

Like the design D.
Like to see a pencil test.
I am currently working on a limited piece of animation myself. Check out the blog to see a still/colour test.
Allen